These raw vegan Nutty Cacao Cups are a delightful treat and this recipe can be prepared in just 5 minutes. You’ll need a mixing bowl (or food processor/blender), a small bowl, a cupcake tin with paper liners and the ingredients below.
- 7 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- 7 tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 3-4 tablespoons Maple Syrup (depends on how sweet you want it)
- 4 tablespoons Raw Almond Butter (I like to use the raw crunchy kind from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Sunflower Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Hemp Seeds
Combine melted coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup and almond butter in a blender, food processor or in a bowl. Mix ingredients well!
Add paper cupcake liners to cupcake tin and drop about 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons) of mixture into the cupcake liners. In a separate small bowl, add the pumpkin, sunflower and hemp seeds and mix them together. Sprinkle seed mixture to the top of the the Cacao Cups and place in freezer for 10 minutes so they can harden.
This recipe yields about 8-10 Nutty Cacao Cups (you may choose to add more mixture to make larger cups). I recommend keeping them in the freezer and taking them out when you are ready to eat them!